It’s that time of year again, when the holidays are in full force, the sound of holiday music fills that air and beautiful lights illuminate every street corner. The holiday hustle and bustle can make it difficult to slow down and be present with your family. So we decided that a bucket list would help busy families take the focus off of all the running around they have to do this time of year and refocus on making magical holiday memories.
Instead of stressing about your schedules full of school concerts, baking homemade goodies to for the school party or finding the perfect gifts for everyone on your list, why not take a break and have a little family fun with this December bucket list.
We’ve included some of our favorite December traditions to inspire your memory making. Here are some thought starters to help you and your family brainstorm a fun bucket list of memories this holiday season. After all, aren’t the holidays really about spending time together and creating memories that will last a lifetime?
Grab our FREE PRINTABLE, brainstorm ideas as a family, and then start having fun with the bucket list you have created together! Make sure to post your list somewhere where the whole family can see it as you check off the memories on your holiday bucket list.
December Bucket List Thought Starters:
- Drive around in your pajamas to look at Christmas lights while drinking hot chocolate
- Go caroling in your neighborhood
- Hand out candy canes to strangers
- Go ice skating
- Take a carriage ride around Old Town (if your city has it)
- Bake cookies and have a cookie decorating party, then deliver the treats to your neighbors
- Buy a gift for someone in need
- Leave flowers and a thank you note for your mail man, milk man or garbage collector
- See the Nutcracker or another holiday inspired play
- Make a dance to a holiday song and perform it during family night
- Write letters to Santa
- Make popcorn balls
- Have a snowball fight
- Go sledding
- If you live near a beach, have a snowman sandcastle contest
From our family to yours, we hope you enjoy making memories!